Below is a running list of changes for each patch for all things relating to the Rapier in New World. The most recent patch is listed first and then in descending order by date.
May Arenas Patch – May 26th, 2022
- Tondo: Increased bleed damage from 7% to 10% weapon damage per tick.
- Riposte: Fixed an issue where Riposte could be triggered by abilities from players that had AoE taunts active.
- Riposte: Fixed an animation desync that triggered when hit in Riposte.
April Bugs and Balance Patch – April 25th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where ‘Riposting’ players were obtaining status effects that could not harm the player from several attacks while in the riposte defensive stance.
- Fixed issue where the Keenly Jagged perk’s bleed could trigger Evade’s passive Cresendo’s cooldown reduction.
Heart of Madness Patch – March 30th, 2022
- Tondo: Fixed an issue where using Evade to cancel Tondo could result in the damage being dealt without showing the VFX.
- Flurry: Fixed an issue where this ability was unable to be canceled using Fleche.
- Fleche: This ability now ends early if it traverses into deep water.
- Momentum: Fixed an issue where the visual effects for this passive would persist even if the rapier was sheathed or swapped.
Bug Fixes Patch – February 28th, 2022
- Flurry: Updated ability description to clarify that Flurry can be canceled by other abilities as well as by dodging.
- Evade: Fixed an issue where sheathing the rapier after triggering Evade would result in the player getting a persistent movement speed buff.
Mutators Patch – January 25th, 2022
Winter Convergence Patch – December 16, 2021
- Tondo: Fixed a typo in the description.
- Fleche: Updated how this ability interacts with gravity to prevent it from being used to traverse up steep inclines.
- Heavy Attack: Slightly reduced recovery time.
- Swiftness: Fixed an issue where the haste granted by this passive ability was applying at a shortened duration with each use.
Into the Void Patch – November 18th, 2021
- Fixed an issue where Tondo, Flourish, and Fleche had their cooldown begin 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the abilities going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early even if it did not hit.
- Improved the homing of Flurry to fix an issue where subsequent attacks would frequently miss or be hard to hit.
- Overwhelm: Fixed an issue where this upgrade was incorrectly applying stamina damage instead of just block damage.
- Reduced cooldown from 11s to 6s.
- And Again: Fixed an issue that caused this upgrade to only function on blocking targets.
- Cooldown reduced from 20s to 12s.
- Base Stun duration increased from 1.5s to 2s.
- Lasting Consequence: Stun duration increased from 2s to 2.5s
- Momentum: Increased bonus damage from 25% to 30%.
- Swiftness: Fixed an issue where this passive was granting haste from bleed damage ticks instead of actual weapon hits.