Guide last updated: April 25th, 2022 for Patch 1.5 - Bugs and Balance Update
One option for PvP in New World is Dueling. Dueling is a way for players to PvP one another without any consequences to gear durability, and serve as a great way to practice your PvP skills, organize PvP events, or to settle a beef.
- Duels can be initiated by any player over level 10, regardless of faction or PvP flag status
- Duels cannot be initiated in settlements or during war / invasion.
- Players initiate a duel by hovering over another player’s name and clicking “Invite To Duel,” or chatting “/duel [playername]”
- Outside interference will end a duel
- You can duel solo or in a group of up to 5 members each
- There are no penalties for losing during a duel (i.e. loss of gear durability)
In order to group duel, you must first form a group. It’s important to point out that teams do not have to be even. A single person can initiate a duel against a group of 2 more players in order to 1vX. In order to do this simply hover over a player in a group, challenge them to a duel, and then select the “Duel Group” option.
You can also single out a player in a group to duel by selecting the solo duel option. This allows players to continue 1v1 duels without having to leave your group.