Below is a running list of changes for each patch for the Sword and Shield in New World. The most recent patch is listed first and then in descending order by date.
Winter Convergence Patch - December 16, 2021
- Heavy Attack: Reduced recovery time by .15s.
Into the Void Patch - November 18th, 2021
- Fixed an issue where basic attack buffers and cancels weren't working properly during the Sword heavy attack.
- Fixed an issue where the fully-charged Sword heavy attack had different timings than the regular heavy attack.
- Shield Rush
- Improved Rush: Increased Weaken duration from 4s to 10s.
- Leaping Strike
- Reduced cooldown from 25s to 18s.
- Increased damage scaling from 135% to 150%.
- Sped up the recovery after using Leaping Strike to make it easier to transition into other attacks.
- Cowardly Punishment: Updated the description to include the slow percentage value.