Below is a running list of changes for each patch for all things relating to the Spear in New World. The most recent patch is listed first and then in descending order by date.
July Update Summer Medleyfair – July 27th, 2022
- Fixed an issue that caused javelin throws to trigger the incorrect impact effects against various material types.
- Cyclone Ability
- Removed pushback from the base Spear Cyclone ability.
- Grit is now on Cyclone ability by default, and is no longer tied to the Strong Momentum upgrade.
- The Strong Momentum upgrade now has pushback as an optional upgrade for Cyclone.
May Arenas Patch – May 26th, 2022
- Fixed a bug where impact effects for the musket may have played even if the server invalidated a client’s shot.
- Fixed an issue that caused firing inputs to not buffer when entering ADS with the Musket.
- Hit your Mark Passive: Updated the description to clarify that this passive only works for standard musket shots and not overloaded shots (i.e. Power Shot and Powder Burn).
- Marksman Passive: Fixed an issue where overloaded shots would not count towards the number of consecutive hits.
- Shooter’s Stance: Fixed an issue where the musket would fire unintentionally in Shooter’s Stance with the Tactical Reload passive.
- Sticky Bomb: Fixed an issue where the bomb would disappear without detonating when it attached to destroyed objects.
- Sticky Bomb: Fixed an issue where the musket was not removed from the player’s hand for remote clients while holding a sticky bomb.
- Powder Burn: Fixed an issue where attempting to fire Powder Burn while prone would instead fire Power Shot.
- Trap: Cleaned up several visible aspects for better readability and effect matching.
- Increased the model size of traps in order to make them more visible and to match the size of the trigger volume.
- Updated animation timing to match trap appearance.
- Adjusted projectile arc and speed to make throwing feel smoother and to make the trap land closer to the reticle position.
April Bugs and Balance Patch – April 25th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where the spear could become invisible if a player was interrupted immediately after throwing it.
- Fixed an issue where players could throw spears over the fort boundary during the War Preparation phase.
Heart of Madness Patch – March 30th, 2022
- No Updates
Bug Fixes Patch – February 28th, 2022
- Refreshing Reach: Fixed an issue where Refreshing Reach would not trigger correctly with Coup De Grâce.
- Javelin: Fixed an issue where swapping weapons while using Javelin could result in a bad animation state.
Mutators Patch – January 25th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where the damage ticks from bleeding sweep on the Spear were triggering cooldown reduction.
Winter Convergence Patch – December 16, 2021
- Increased hit-shape size and attack homing on all thrust attacks.
- Skewer: Increased lunge distance by 50%.
- Perforate: Increased rotation speed during the ability.
- Strong Conditioning:
- Fixed an issue where the Strong Conditioning buff could be canceled by using a Honing Stone.
- Strong Conditioning no longer shows a text pop-up when triggered.
Into the Void Patch – November 18th, 2021
- Adjusted the distance the player moved towards the target when doing a heavy attack. The heavy attack was pulling the user too close previously, resulting in the Deadly Reach passive not being able to trigger consistently.
- Coup de Grace:
- Increased damage scaling from 125% to 150%.
- This attack is now flagged as Heavy, allowing it to trigger Heavy-related passives.
- Coup de Grace:
- Increased bleed damage from 10% to 20%
- Increased damage scaling from 70% to 80%
- Fixed a bug which caused the passive Continuous Motion to not reduce the cooldown of Perforate.
- Increased damage scaling from 110% to 130%
- Vault Kick
- Fixed an issue where Vault Kick’s cooldown began 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the ability going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early, even if it didn’t hit.