Below is a running list of changes for each patch for the Spear in New World. The most recent patch is listed first and then in descending order by date.
Winter Convergence Patch - December 16, 2021
- Increased hit-shape size and attack homing on all thrust attacks.
- Skewer: Increased lunge distance by 50%.
- Perforate: Increased rotation speed during the ability.
- Strong Conditioning:
- Fixed an issue where the Strong Conditioning buff could be canceled by using a Honing Stone.
- Strong Conditioning no longer shows a text pop-up when triggered.
Into the Void Patch - November 18th, 2021
- Adjusted the distance the player moved towards the target when doing a heavy attack. The heavy attack was pulling the user too close previously, resulting in the Deadly Reach passive not being able to trigger consistently.
- Coup de Grace:
- Increased damage scaling from 125% to 150%.
- This attack is now flagged as Heavy, allowing it to trigger Heavy-related passives.
- Increased bleed damage from 10% to 20%
- Increased damage scaling from 70% to 80%
- Fixed a bug which caused the passive Continuous Motion to not reduce the cooldown of Perforate.
- Increased damage scaling from 110% to 130%
- Vault Kick
- Fixed an issue where Vault Kick’s cooldown began 1 frame before the hitbox would appear. This resulted in the ability going on cooldown if the attack was interrupted early, even if it didn’t hit.