Updated as of the latest patch on 09/08/2021
Outpost Rush is an instanced PvPvE Mode in New World where 20 versus 20 players fight to control the mysterious and dangerous Nauthynos Island. Each team must coordinate and balance their time defeating enemy players, capturing objectives, gathering resources, and building up their outposts. You must be level 60 in order to participate in Outpost Rush.
How to Play:
In order to queue up for Outpost Rush you must first reach level 60, and make your way to any settlement or outpost. You can queue up at the Outpost Rush NPC in the settlement, and queue up solo or in a group of up to 5 players. As long as there are 32 players that join the queue you’ll be able to start. Once started you’ll be ported to the island of Nauthynos to start the battle.
Once you’re on the island, each team will start at their own fortress. Between the two forts lie the three outposts of Luna, Sol, and Astra. Each of the outposts can be captured by standing inside the capture point located in the center of the outpost. Your team will gain points for holding the outposts and killing enemy players.
Holding an outpost will grant 1 point every 3 seconds and killing a player is worth 1 point per kill. You will also drop resources on death that the enemy team can pick up if you have collected them. The first team to reach 1000 points wins the match.
Rewards will include a Outpost Rush reward chests that will award players with various items, including a unique set of Outpost Rush-specific named Armor and Weapons that will appear as rare drops from the chests.
There are several objectives located around the map that will give your team an advantage and help you win the match.
- Baroness Hain (The Frozen Ghost) is a powerful creature that spawns every 10 minutes. The team that deals the killing blow to the Baroness will be rewarded with a strong buff that increases their health regeneration and defense for the next 3 minutes. It will also freeze the enemy score, preventing them from gaining points from outposts or kills for 3 minutes. Winning the Baroness objective can quickly turn the tide of an Outpost Rush match.
- Turret Emplacements are found at each fort along with the outposts Astra and Luna. These locations have an external turret emplacement that may be used to assault and defend the outposts. These turrets must be constructed by the team that controls the outpost or fort that they are linked to.
- The Corrupted Portal is guarded by corrupted creatures. Your team can make their way through the corrupted enemies and donate Azoth Essence to the portal. When a team deposits 500 Azoth Essence into the portal, it activates and a Brute Summoning Totem is granted to the player that made the final deposit that pushed the total to 500.
- The player who obtained the summoning totem can make their way to a Summoning Circle to use the totem. The Summoning Circles are located in various key locations around the map and are stone platforms that allow any player who has acquired the totem to summon a monstrous ally who will defend that location from enemy players.
As you explore the island of Nauthynos you’ll be able to gather resources to help your team win the match. These resources are used to reinforce your outposts, so they are an integral part of winning an Outpost Rush match. There are 4 resources that your team will want to gather (See above for the locations)
- Infused Hide: Wolf Dens are home to several wolves, including a massive Alpha Wolf which will provide a large amount of Infused Hide. Infused Hide can be used, along with other resources (see below) to reinforce your outpost.
- Infused Wood: Ancient Groves are areas that have a high concentration of Infused Trees. These areas are protected by aggressive Dryads that you’ll have to kill in order to access the resource.
- Infused Ore: Infused Ore Mines are the only place you’ll be able to find and mine infused ore veins. The mines are overrun with the corrupted, including corrupted ogres Ug and Dug who guard the largest vein of infused ore. If you kill Ug or Dug it will provide you with a burst of Azoth and a Wraith Summoning Totem.
- Azoth Essence: Any non-player enemy that you kill will drop Azoth Essence. This essence can be used at the corrupted portal to obtain a summoning totem.
Once an outpost has been captured a team can gather the resources above to build and upgrade various structures. All of the structures can be destroyed by the enemy so it’s important to keep them well repaired.
- Gates will stop the enemy from entering the outpost and can be upgraded twice, making them stronger with each upgrade
- Protection Wards prevent the capture of an outpost and provide a respawn location for the team that owns that outpost.
- Siege Weapons can be built on the ramparts of each outpost.
- A Command Post can be built that will provide your team with increased damage and armor. Your Command Post can be upgraded twice, making it stronger with each upgrade, and increasing the buffs.
At each outpost there are structures in place by default which can be utilized by the controlling team.
- An Armory will allow players to spend Azoth (acquired by defeating mobs and participating in PvE activities in Outpost Rush) to purchase potions, powder kegs, ammo, Ursine Summoning Totems (used to summon a bear ally), and food buffs.
- Storage Sheds will allow players to add infused materials and Azoth to be shared with their team. If you can't build something you can donate to the shed so the enemy team can not get your resources if they kill you.
Outpost Rush Lore
The Nauthynos Island lies off the coast along the remote and inaccessible northwestern shoreline of Aeternum. The Island was formed by a massive eruption of Azoth from underneath the bedrock of the ancient sea.
Over the millennia, the eruption deposited rich resources from the seabed across the island and created an isolated tropical paradise. Not only that, but the source of the eruption, an Azoth leyline permeated the ground of the island causing natural flowing geysers of pure Azoth. Over the years these geysers have subsided, but the legacy remains - pure Azoth often surges to the surface and can be found infused in many of the long-term flora and fauna of the island.
To capture this Azoth, the Ancients built a cluster of Ziggurats and ancient machines designed to collect the sacred substance which was then channeled into a series of storage facilities hidden amid the jungle and cliff walls of the island. To protect their vast stores of Azoth, the Ancients installed defensive fortifications and mystical traps which can twist the very laws of nature. As dangerous as the island may be, both the resources and technologies it contains would be of unparalleled strategic value to any who could maintain control of them.
Over the years, some have sought to settle in this region to take advantage of its resources long-term, but occasionally, unpredictably, the island is inexplicably flooded by a surge of water from the surrounding sea. The Ancient structures are built in such a way as to withstand the floods, but long-term human fortifications are not, hence any man-made structures currently on the island are temporary, at best. Amidst the ruins of the island stalk many dangers, the Angry Earth, the Corrupted, and natural beasts have grown larger and more feral, as well as those who had come to rule and conquer but now walk the land as vengeful spirits. Into this landscape a new generation has come; seeking treasure, knowledge of the unknown, and the power of Azoth.