Below is a running list of changes for each patch for all things relating to the Fire Staff in New World. The most recent patch is listed first and then in descending order by date.
July Update Summer Medleyfair – July 27th, 2022
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Efficient Burnout” perk to trigger even if the Burnout ability was interrupted.
- Increased the initial impact of Meteor Shower from 34% to 75%. Description updated to clarify 0.75s tick rate.
- Increased the damage of Judgment of Helios from 30% to 40%.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pillar of Fire to go on Cooldown if interrupted before the cast.
May Arenas Patch – May 26th, 2022
- Burn Out: Fixed an issue that caused a desync when moving immediately after using the ability.
- Meteor Shower: Increased casting range from 15m to 20m.
- Meteor Shower: Increased damage from 20% to 25% weapon damage.
- Judgment of Helios: Increased damage from 25% to 30% weapon damage.
- Pillar of Fire: You can now move during the casting animation.
- The Clear Casting status effect now properly removes when the Fire Staff is sheathed, unequipped or out of combat.
- Updated Clear Casting passive so that it will now automatically trigger when combat starts instead of when you first take damage.
- Clear Casting, Clear Mind, and Reheat status effects are now properly categorized as buffs.
- Removed all mention of the Reheat status effect incorrectly listed as an Empower.
- Fixed an issue that caused Flamethrower to inadvertently cancel when strafing while a Haste buff was active.
- Fixed an issue that caused Flamethrower (as well as other sustained, aimed abilities) to cancel through automated traversal (e.g. step-ups).
- Reduced Flamethrower’s block stamina damage by 85%.
April Bugs and Balance Patch – April 25th, 2022
- Fixed a slight desync when using the Fire Staff “Meteor Shower” ability.
Heart of Madness Patch – March 30th, 2022
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from interrupting repeated light attacks with a block.
- Burning: Updated the burning debuff applied by several fire staff abilities.
- Increased damage tick rate from 1.5s to 1s.
- Decreased maximum stacks from 10 to 5.
- Increased damage per stack from 3% weapon damage per tick to 6%.
- Updated tooltips for all affected abilities.
- Burn Out: This ability now ends early if it traverses into deep water.
- Accelerating Flamethrower (Item Perk): Fixed an issue where this perk did not properly scale its potency with gear score.
- Refreshing Pillar of Fire (Item Perk): Fixed an issue that caused this perk to grant cooldown reduction when dealing damage with DoT effects.
Bug Fixes Patch – February 28th, 2022
- Increased Fireball projectile radius from 0.01 to 0.33 to make it easier to hit with.
- Fireball can now critical hit.
- Fixed an issue where Reheat could persist through weapon swaps and ability usage.
- Updated Flamethrower and Meteor Shower to trigger Reheat’s 4s timer when the ability exits.
- Fixed an issue that caused the flyout icon for Reheat to incorrectly show as “Empower”.
- Pillar of Fire
- Reduced the delay between Pillar of Fire’s activation and the spawning of its damage AoE. The fire pillar now spawns when the player finishes extending their staff forward.
- Reduced Pillar of Fire recovery by roughly .5 seconds.
- Increased Flamethrower’s base movement speed so that haste buffs have a more notable effect. The new move speed is approximately 2x faster than the previous speed.
- Accelerating Flamethrower (Item Perk): Fixed an issue where the haste effect from the Accelerating Flamethrower perk was only triggering off of exactly 3 stacks and not 3 or more stacks.
- Let it Burn: Fixed an issue where the burn status effects from Fireball, Burnout, and some passive abilities were not triggering the Let It Burn passive.
- Fixed visual issues with some Fire Staffs.
Mutators Patch – January 25th, 2022
- No changes
Winter Convergence Patch – December 16, 2021
- Burnout: Updated how this ability interacts with gravity to prevent it from being used to traverse up steep inclines.
- Meteor Shower: Fixed an issue that allowed this skill to deal damage to targets through Fort Gates and War Camp gates.
- Watch It Burn: Fixed an issue that prevented this passive ability from functioning.
Into the Void Patch – November 18th, 2021
- Pillar of Fire
- Increased damage scaling from134% to 170%.
- Fixed an issue where Pillar of Fire targets the caster when activated using the ability key.
- Fixed an issue where Pillar of Fire failed to trigger Runes of Helios when activated using the ability key.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pillar Of Fire to hit twice against targets near the edge of the effect radius.
- Meteor Shower
- Fixed an issue where Runes of Helios triggered on targeting Meteor Shower rather than on casting it.
- Added additional clarity that the Fireball ability is not able to crit. Previously it would show the crit damage color, but not actually deal increased damage. It will no longer show orange damage numbers, and an additional tooltip was added.
- Flame Thrower
- Increase damage scaling from 34% to 50%.
- Clear Casting: Reduced damage bonus from 10% to 5%.
- Clear Mind: Reduced empower effectiveness from 10% to 5%.
- Runes of Helios: Reduced damage bonus from 30% to 25%.
- Prophet of a Fire God: Reduced crit damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Reduced the crit chance bonus from 15% to 10%.
- Fixed an issue where crit chance was increased for standard attacks and not just abilities.
- Pyromania: Reduced damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Kindle: Fixed an issue causing Kindle to increase buff duration by the incorrect amount.
- Reheat: Reduced the time (without activating an ability) to trigger Reheat from 6s to 4s.
- Updated the Singe and Watch it Burn passives to mix up the functionality:
- Singe went from inflicting Burn on critical hits to triggering Burn on light attacks.
- Watch it Burn now inflicts burn on critical hits from abilities only.