Amazon Games Community Manager TrevzorFTW recently posted fresh details on the much anticipated Server Character Transfers that will become available to all players soon.
TrevzorFTW wants to bring players up to speed on what to expect from the feature. Certain aspects of player interaction will not be transferred over, and wanted to detail it so the community are no caught unawares. The full Forum thread is here
Below is the TL;DR bulleted points of the post:
To keep everyone updated and ensure players know what to expect, we want to answer some of the top questions we’ve seen about how the server transfer will work.
How do I transfer my character?
- You need to log into your character, which means waiting in any applicable queues.
- Go to the in-game store where there will be a new tab to claim your character transfer token.
- You need to leave your Company.
- You need to remove any active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders.
- Your character must be located in a sanctuary (such as a settlement or outpost).
What comes with me when I transfer?
- You will keep all character progression (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).
- You will keep your Faction alliance and progress
- You will keep your inventory and storage.
- You will keep all of your currency.
- You will keep your houses and housing decorations.
- You will keep all quest progress.
What does not transfer with my character?
- Your Company membership needs to be terminated before transferring, and will not carry over.
- Active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders must be removed and will not carry over.
- Your friends list is world specific and will not transfer.
Where can I move my character to?
- You can move your character to any world in your region, except:
- You cannot move your character to a full world.
- You cannot move your character to a world in maintenance.
- You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.
Will there be opportunities to transfer again if I choose the wrong world, the world my friends chose filled up, or I regret choosing the world I transferred to?
- Transferring again will require an additional token. Our team will continue monitoring world populations, queue times, and will evaluate the need for an additional wave of server transfer tokens to be given out for free. After we are sure players have had plenty of time to find the right server for them, we will later make server transfer tokens available for purchase in the store. We will give notice ahead of time when tokens are changing to a paid service.
Amazon Games anticipates transfers to be available next week.