New World has a diverse selection of consumables to offer to its players, complimenting its in-depth crafting system. In this guide, we will showcase the types of consumables and their use in New World.
In New World, food is one way to obtain health and mana. Food can also provide a boost to your primary stat of choice. In addition, there are also trade skill foods that give you a boost to gathering and crafting. In New World, Food can be looted or crafted by the cooking profession. For an in-depth look at food and the cooking profession, you can check out our complete cooking guide.
Recovery food grants health and mana recovery in New World. You can craft these at any tier kitchen or Camp. You can also consume recovery food to gain X amount of health or mana over 20 seconds. The recovery stops if you take damage. Recovery food effects can not be stacked. There are 2 different types of Recovery Foods in New World:
- Energizing Light Ration
- Energizing Travel Ration
- Energizing Light Meal
- Energizing Satisfying Meal
- Energizing Hearty Meal
Attribute food is a type of food used to give the player additional attributes. For Instance, if a player is using Great Axe, they might want to use Roasted Gnufish to boost their damage. For example, here are all the tier 5 attribute foods in New World:
- Beef Braciole (40 STR for 60 min)
- Roasted Gnufish (40 STR for 40 min)
- Carrot Cake (24 STR, 16 CON)
- Bacon-Wrapped Scallops (24 STR, 16 DEX)
- Spaghetti Bolognese (24 STR, 16 INT)
- Honey Roasted Ham (24 STR, 16 FOC)
- Chili con Armadillo (40 DEX for 60 min)
- Fried Albenaja (40 DEX for 40 min)
- Fall Harvest Turkey (24 DEX, 16 STR)
- Rabbit Stew (24 DEX, 16 CON)
- Poacher’s Pie (24 DEX, 16 INT)
- Carbonara (24 DEX, 16 FOC)
- Ancho Masala Scorpion (40 INT for 60 min)
- Steamed Abaia Serpe (40 INT for 40 min)
- Squid Ink Pasta with Clams (24 INT, 16 STR)
- Glazed Bear with Sauteed Vegetables (24 INT, 16 CON)
- Filet in Mushroom Sauce (24 INT, 16 DEX)
- Stuffed Venison Tenderloin (24 INT, 16 FOC)
- Armadillo Jocon (40 FOC for 60 min)
- Blackened Mandje Mandje with Corn Succotash (40 FOC for 40 min)
- Butter Poached Oysters on Angel Hair (24 FOC, 16 STR)
- Slow Roasted Bear Flank with Root Vegetables (24 FOC, 16 CON)
- Roasted Turkey Thigh (24 FOC, 16 DEX)
- Venison Tenderloin with Blueberry Glaze (24 FOC, 16 INT)
- Gremolata Tenderloin (40 CON for 60 min)
- Roasted Rabbit with Seasoned Vegetables (40 CON for 40 min)
- Turkey Thigh with Pan Gravy and Spiced Wild Berries (24 CON, 16 STR)
- Blackened Ray-Finned Barb with Fondant Potatoes and Barley (24 CON, 16 DEX)
- Pork Belly Fried Rice (24 CON, 16 INT)
- Smoked Rib Cap with Cabbage and Barley Soup (24 CON, 16 FOC)
- Desert Sunrise– reduces the duration of DOTs by 17.5%
Trade Skill Food
Trade Skill foods are used to enhance both crafting and gathering in New world. They can be crafted at a Kitchen of the appropriate Tier. There’s trade skill food for both the crafting and gathering professions. There is no trade skill food for Cooking or Fishing. There are no Trade skill foods are not available for any of the refining professions.
When crafting food is consumed, your minimum and maximum gear score while crafting will increase. For example, consuming a Savory Vegetable Medley will increase your minimum and maximum gear score of weapons crafted by 15. The effects of the food will last 40 minutes. Therefore, these trade skill foods will be essential to end game crafting to craft maximum gear score items. Tier V Trade Skill food consists of the following:
- Arcana – Sweet Wild Berry Infusion
- Armoring – Spicy Cabbage Soup
- Engineering – Herb-Crusted Vegetables
- Jewelcrafting – Glazed Melon Bread
- Weaponsmithing – Savory Vegetable Medley
The other variant of trade skill food consists of gathering foods. Gathering foods increase your luck for that specific gathering skill by a specified amount. This amount and time of the buff is based on the tier of food consumed.
Therefore, Gathering foods are incredibly important in order to obtain rare resources that would otherwise be incredibly difficult, and sometimes impossible to obtain without the use of additional luck. The gathering foods consist of the following (These are the tier V variants – to see all the tier variants available you can check our database):
- Harvesting – Spicy Steak Pie
- Logging – Salted Poultry with Cabbage
- Mining – Salted Roasted Vegetables
- Skinning – Savory Fish Cake
New World has a massive variety of potions. These include classic varieties such as health, mana, and regeneration potions. There are also tinctures that will remove the blight and corruption afflictions. Also included in this group of consumables, are weapon coatings. Weapon coatings can give you an offensive boost to a specific enemy type. There are also absorption and ward potions that will increase your damage absorption against certain types of mobs and elements.
Health, Mana, Regeneration,& Encumbrance Potions
Health Potions – Use to instantly restore a portion of your health. The higher the tier the more health you gain on use. Using a health potion triggers a 30 second cooldown before you can consume another health potion.
Mana Potions – Use to instantly restore a portion of your mana. The higher the tier the more mana you gain on use. Using a mana potion triggers a 15-second cooldown before you can consume another mana potion.
Regeneration Potions – Use to restore both health and mana. These restore X% of health every 1 second and X% of mana per 1 second for 10 seconds. Using this potion triggers a 30-second cooldown before you can use another regeneration potion. You can use a health or mana potion after consuming a regeneration potion.
Focus Potions – Use to restore a % of mana every 1 second for 60 seconds. The amount regenerated ranges based on the tier of the potion.
- Tier II – Restores .25%
- Tier III – Restores .50%
- Tier IV – Restores .75%
- Tier V – Restores 1.00%
Encumbrance Potions – Use to increase your encumbrance limit by a specified amount for a short duration. You can not stack these potions.
- Tier 3 -increases max weight carried by 50 for 120 seconds,
- Tier 4 – increases max weight carried by 75 for 150 seconds
- Tier 5 – increases max weight carried by 100 for 180 seconds.
Weapon Coatings range from tier II to Tier V. There is a coating for each enemy type in the game which includes, beasts, lost, corrupted, ancients, and angry earth. They can then be applied to your currently drawn weapon to gain a % damage boost against whichever enemy type you crafted the coating for. The coating will last for a specified duration or will be removed upon equipping your weapon, whichever comes first. You can only apply one coating to one weapon at a time. Therefore, you will need to choose wisely based on the enemies you’ll be facing. In conclusion, here are the tiers of weapon coatings available in New World:
- Tier II – 9% damage buff, lasts 25 minutes
- Tier III – 11% damage buff, lasts 30 minutes
- Tier IV – 13% damage buff, lasts 35 minutes
- Tier V – 15% damage buff, lasts 40 minutes
Tinctures will remove certain afflictions and give you resistance to that affliction for a specified duration. They can be crafted at both a camp and an arcana station of the appropriate tiers. There are two different types of tinctures, Blight Tinctures, and Corruption Tinctures.
Consuming a blight tincture will fully remove the blight affliction and you will gain resistance to the blight affliction for 5 minutes.
- Tier II – Increases blight absorption by 25%
- Tier III – Increases blight absorption by 89%
- Tier IV – Increases blight absorption by 95%
- Tier V – Increases blight absorption by 97.5%
Consuming a corruption tincture will fully remove the corruption affliction and you will gain resistance to the corruption affliction for 5 minutes.
- Tier II – Increases corruption absorption by 25%
- Tier III – Increases corruption absorption by 89%
- Tier IV – Increases corruption absorption by 95%
- Tier V – Increases corruption absorption by 97.5%
Acid Tinctures are used in the Brimstone Sands zone. These will help you navigate the sulfur pools and loot the chests in the area.
- Tier V – removes acid burn and grants 20 more points of resistance to acid lasting up to 5 minutes.
Tinctures can not be stacked. If you consume a blight potion and then immediately consume a corruption potion you will still remove the blight affliction, but the blight resistance will be overridden by the corruption resistance.
Next, Ward potions are potions that when consumed will grant you increased damage absorption against one of the 5 enemy types: Ancients, Angry Earth, Beast, Corrupted, and Lost. They are only available from tier III to tier V, and these potions have a 120-second shared cooldown. You will receive your increased damage absorption for a specified duration after receiving damage from that enemy type a certain amount of times.
- Tier III – Increase damage absorption by 5% for 30 seconds after receiving damage 5 times.
- Tier IV – Increase damage absorption by 10% for 30 seconds after receiving damage 10 times.
- Tier V – Increase damage absorption by 15% for 30 seconds after receiving damage 15 times.
These can be very useful when running expeditions and mutations or farming a certain enemy type in the open world.
Likewise, Absorption potions are potions that when consumed will grant you increased damage absorption against one of the 5 elemental types: Arcane, Fire, Lightning, Nature, and Void. They are only available from tier III to tier V. You will receive increased absorption by a specified percentage for a specified duration. These potions can not stack. Only one can be active at a time. These potions have a 120-second shared cooldown.
- Tier III – Increase absorption by 9% for 30 seconds
- Tier IV – Increase absorption by 12% for 30 seconds
- Tier V – Increase absorption by 15% for 30 seconds
Proficiency boosters are crafted at a workshop of the appropriate tier. They are available from Tier II up to Tier V. In short, consuming a proficiency booster will increase the number of resources gathered by X% for X minutes. The proficiency boosters available are as follows:
- Weak Proficiency Booster – 5% for 10 Minutes
- Common Proficiency Booster – 7% for 15 Minutes
- Strong Proficiency Booster – 10% for 20 Minutes
- Powerful Proficiency Booster – 15% for 30 Minutes
Next, are Honing Stones. These are crafted by the weaponsmithing profession at the forge. In short, Honing Stones are used to increase a player’s overall weapon damage. Upon use, you will receive a % of weapon damage increase for a specified period of time depending on the tier of honing stone used.
- Weak Honing Stone – 4% for 25 Minutes
- Common Honing Stone – 5% for 30 Minutes
- Strong Honing Stone – 6% for 35 Minutes
- Powerful Honing Stone – 7 % for 40 Minutes
Incense are crafted by the furnishing profession at a workshop and increases a player’s resistance to all afflictions by a set amount for a specified duration of time depending on the tier of incense used.
- Weak Incense – Increased Resistance by 20 for 10 Minutes
- Common Incense – Increased Resistance by 30 for 15 Minutes
- Strong Incense – Increased Resistance by 40 for 20 Minutes
- Powerful Incense – Increased Resistance by 50 for 30 Minutes
Gemstone dust is crafted at the outfitter’s station using the Jewelcrafting profession. This consumable increases a player’s elemental damage absorption. The amount of absorption/ number of times the damage is received is based on the tier of gemstone dust used. For Example, here’s a list of each version of Gemstone Dust below:
- Weak Gemstone Dust – 200% or damage received 6 times
- Common Gemstone Dust – 300% or damage received 9 times
- Strong Gemstone Dust – 400% or damage received 12 times
- Powerful Gemstone Dust – 500% or damage received 15 times
Oakflesh Balm is crafted at the outfitter’s station using the armoring profession. These potions increase the absorption of physical damage by a specified %. They last for 20 seconds or until the damage is received a specified amount of times, whichever comes first. For example, here is a list of each of the Oakflesh Tiers:
- Weak Oakflesh Balm – 10% or damage received 6 times
- Common Oakflesh Balm – 17% or damage received 9 times
- Strong Oakflesh Balm – 25% or damage received 12 times
- Powerful Oakflesh Balm – 35% or damage received 15 times
Dyes are used to dye clothing or armor. These are crafted using the cooking profession at a kitchen. Dyes can not be crafted using cooking at a camp. In order to craft a dye, you must have water and the appropriate pigment. You can see a list of all available dyes and their recipes by viewing our database.
In New World, Repair kits are crafted items that can fully repair any piece of equipment of the appropriate tier. These items can be crafted by the engineering profession, the armoring profession, and the forge and the weaponsmithing profession. No matter which profession you choose to craft the repair kits with, they all follow the same crafting pattern. You must have repair parts and any craft mod to craft the repair kit.
Standard Repair Kit – Requires 40 repair prats and 1 craft mod; will repair Tier II items
Advanced Repair Kit – Requires 100 repair parts and 2 craft mods; will repair any Tier III item
Expert Repair Kit – Requires 150 repair parts and 3 craft mods; will repair any Tier IV item
Master Repair Kit – Requires 300 repair parts and 3 craft mods; will repair any Tier V item.
Ammunition in New World consists of both arrows and cartridges. These consumables are crafted by the engineering profession at a workshop of the appropriate tier. Both arrows and cartridges follow the same progression. There are 5 tiers of each type of ammunition; Infinite, Iron, Steel, Starmetal, and Orichalcum. The higher tier the ammunition, the higher the damage modifier for that type of ammunition.
- Infinite Arrow – Tier 1 – Damage modifier of 1.00
- Iron Arrow – Tier II – Damage modifier of 1.05
- Steel Arrow – Tier III – Damage modifier of 1.10
- Starmetal Arrow – Tier IV -Damage modifier of 1.15
- Orichalcum Arrow – Tier V – Damage modifier of 1.20
- Infinite Cartridge – Tier I – Damage modifier of 1.00
- Iron Cartridge – Tier II – Damage modifier of 1.05
- Steel Cartridge – Tier III – Damage modifier of 1.10
- Starmetal Cartridge – Tier IV – Damage modifier of 1.15
- Orichalcum Cartridge – Tier V – Damage modifier of 1.20
New World Consumables Guide Conclusion
That does it for our New World Consumables guide! In conclusion, there are tons of consumables in New World. Don’t forget to utilize all the different types of consumables in any activity you do in New World.